Rufus is a free Windows utility software that allows you to format and create bootable USB flash drives. Rufus Download can create Mac and Linux bootable devices even though it is only run on Windows.
It may be particularly beneficial in situations where you want to,
- Create USB Bootable media for Windows, Linux, UEFI, …etc.
- Flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS.
- Install OS into a new device that doesn’t have an OS installed.
- Recover your Operating System.
Day by day with the advancement of technology, DVDs are becoming less important and USBs takes over DVDs’ place. It is also same for the bootable devices. Using a bootable USB device to install an operating system is one of the most popular methods of doing this. download Rufus makes it easy to do that quickly and without a fuss.
Features ad Benefits come with Rufus
- Format USB, flash card and virtual drives to FAT/FAT32/NTFS/UDF/exFAT/ReFS/ext2/ext3
- Create DOS bootable USB drives, using FreeDOS or MS-DOS (Windows 8.1 or earlier)
- Create BIOS or UEFI bootable drives, including UEFI bootable NTFS
- Create bootable drives from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Create bootable drives from bootable disk images, including compressed ones
- Create Windows 11 installation drives for PCs that don’t have TPM
- Create Windows To Go drives
- Compute MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, and SHA-512 checksums of the selected image
- Perform bad blocks checks, including detection of “fake” flash drives
- Download official Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, or Windows 11 retail ISOs
- Download UEFI Shell ISOs
- Modern and familiar UI, with 38 languages natively supported
- Small footprint. No installation is required.
- Portable. Secure Boot compatible.
- 100% Free Software
What is Rufus?
Operating systems normally come in a physical disk like DVDs. Rufus is capable of creating a Bootable USB drive using ISO files that contain an operating system. Also, it can flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS.
How to create a bootable USB drive with Rufus?
First, you need to download Rufus and install it on your computer. Then you can create a bootable device following the below steps.
- Insert a USB drive to your computer and run Rufus.
- Then it will automatically detect your USB device.
- Then select the bootable ISO file by clicking on “Select”.
- It will allow you to select the partition schemes, target systems, and file format of the USB.
- Then click on Start it will be completed in a few seconds.
How to Download Rufus for Windows?
With toolforrest.com you can download Rufus – the latest version which is testified against any malware. You just have to go to toolforrest.com and then find Rufus. Then click on the download button top of the page. It will redirect you to the download link page. In there you can download Rufus’s installable version and portable version.
How to install Rufus?
After the application is downloaded you will be able to install it or if you download Rufus Protable you no need to worry about installing it. To install the application you need any other information you just have to follow the installation procedure.
How to uninstall Rufus completely?
NOTE: if you use the Rufus portable you do not need to install the application. You can just delete the executable of it.
But if installed the application you have to delete it following the below steps.
- Go to the Control Panel of your Windows computer.
- Click on programs and features.
- Find SmadAV, then select it and right-click on it.
- Click on uninstall and confirm the action
- Open the roaming folder (press “Windows+R”) to delete app data.
- Then type “%AppData%” in the pop-up window and hit ENTER.
- Then it will open the Roaming folder.
- Selcet SmadAV folder and delete it.
Rufus is a Windows application that is able to create bootable devices out of bootable ISO files and USB drives.
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system which is developed and distributed by Pete Batard. All company names, product names, registered trademarks, and logos are the property of their respective owners.