ClamAV is a free and open-source antivirus toolkit designed to identify and prevent malware, trojans, virus, and other security threats. It includes a command line interface for scanning files, an updater for the virus definitions, and a daemon for speedier scanning, which is necessary for high-performance computers. ClamAV is a security utility that guards your personal computer (PC) against viruses while using a very small amount of system resources.
ClamAV is one of the various options that you may use if you are looking for a lightweight virus scanner for your email gateway.
One of the software options that can keep your data secure and stop viruses from accessing your files is ClamAV. Because it is optimized for email servers, it is more suited for network administrators than it is for casual users. Casual users should avoid using it.
Features of ClamAV
No license required – 100%
ClamAV download is 100% free and open-source antivirus software which means you can download and use it completely free.
A powerful scanner
ClamAV is an open-source antivirus engine that can identify trojans, viruses, malware, and other forms of harmful software in files and email messages. A multi-threaded scanner daemon, command-line tools for on-demand file scanning, and automated signature updates are all included in ClamAV.
Detect and remove viruses
ClamAV comes with a scanner that has the ability to identify more than 50,000 different viruses, worms, and trojan horses, and its database is automatically updated each day and distributed throughout the internet. ClamAV, in contrast to other antivirus solutions, does not cost anything, and its source code is available to anybody who wants to use it.
Offers on-access scanning for up-to-date versions of Windows and Linux. This includes the capacity, which may be turned on or off, to prevent access to files until they have been scanned.
Frequently Asked Question
Is ClamAV a good antivirus?
ClamAV is a free and open-source antivirus engine that can identify trojans, viruses, malware, and other forms of harmful software. ClamAV is an anti-virus program that is available for Windows PC and is licensed under the GNU Public License (GPL). It may be used in a number of contexts, including the scanning of email and websites as well as endpoint protection. ClamAV comes with a scanner that has the ability to identify more than 50,000 different viruses, worms, and trojan horses, and its database is automatically updated each day and distributed throughout the internet.
Is ClamAV a free antivirus?
Yes. ClamAV antivirus is 100% free to download and use for a lifetime.
Is ClamAV cloud-based?
The power of cloud computing may assist in keeping your computer safe from a variety of potential dangers. ClamAV Download is open-source antivirus software that has the ability to identify and ward against viruses and other potentially dangerous threats.
How to Download ClamAV?
1. Go to toolforrest.com and findClamAV by typing in the search bar.
2. View it and click on the download button at the top of the page.
3. Then it will take you to the download link page.
4. Wait 10 seconds until the download links are visible.
5. Click on the download link, It will be downloaded to your computer.
6. If It doesn’t download with the first link you can definitely download it with the second download link.
How to install ClamAV Options VPN?
1. Wait until it is fully downloaded.
2. Double-click on the downloaded application.
3. Follow the installation guidelines.
4. Once the installation is completed restart your computer(better practice).
5. Now you can click on the icon and run the application.
How to uninstall ClamAV Options VPN?
1. Go to the Control Panel of your Windows computer.
2. Click on programs and features.
3. Find ClamAV Options, then select it and right-click on it.
4. Click on uninstall and confirm the action
5. Open the roaming folder (press “Windows+R”) to delete app data.
6. Then type “%AppData%” in the pop-up window and hit ENTER.
7. Then it will open the Roaming folder.
8. Select the ClamAV Options folder and delete it.
ClamAV, often known as Clam Antivirus, is an efficient antivirus toolset that can identify potential dangers lurking inside email messages and other types of files. It has command-line programs for on-demand file scanning as well as automated signature updates, as well as a multi-threaded scanner daemon. Clam AV supports a wide variety of file types, as well as the unpacking of archives and files, and a number of different signature languages. Get access to the versions of the app that are compatible with your operating system.
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system which is developed and distributed by Cisco Systems. All company names, product names, registered trademarks, and logos are the property of their respective owners.